Sunday, February 7, 2016

Navy is the New Black






Have you noticed that navy seems to be all the rage right now? This vintage buffet I refinished turned out so pretty! I created this color using General Finishes Lamp Black and Coastal Blue. This took about four light coats (with sanding in between) to get this gorgeous finish. And yes, it was sprayed.

The top was stripped and stained in General Finishes Java Gel Stain with several coats of their Top Coat to seal. Look at that lustrous finish!




I kept the original vintage hardware but refinished the pulls using a black matte finish.




No wonder it flew out the door!



I'm thinking that I should incorporate a little navy in my life as well!


 photo signature_zps552cb1e1.png

I'm Sharing:

13 comments:

  1. LOVE navy ( or any dark blue really ) and have a dresser to redo in it shortly - this turned out amazing - just gorgeous !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suzan! I'm looking forward to working with this color again! :)

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful! I love navy as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that colour! The sideboard looks very chic in that colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I usually am not a "blue" person - lean towards green, yellow - Autumn colors - but this is gorgeous. I could see this in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love that shade of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so elegant in that navy blue. Thanks for linking up to Friday's Furniture Fix! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is absolutely gorgeous. So elegant and classy. I hopped over from Coastal Charm when I saw your lovely photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I love navy blue. It's a classic that will never go out of style and goes with everything. Featured at Be Inspired this morning. Love when you come join us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saw this featured on Elizabeth & Co. Love it! I'm in the process of starting a new buffet makeover and am debating over color choices. I may have to use yours as an inspiration. Choosing the color is always the hardest part!
    Ashley @ Vintagerefined.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Have been a navy fan for many, many years and thought it was past due for it's turn in the sun! I've been trying to find, what I consider, the perfect navy and I think you've done it. I appreciate that monitors can show colours wonky but this is great. What were the proportions of the two colours? 50:50? 25:75? The navy with the dark stained top is so great. The wood in most of my furniture is dark and I've been very hesitant to paint so I like the two-toned and it satisfies my want of natural wood and colour.
    Thanks for your time,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Beth! Just gorgeous! Sharing today on the Painted Drawer Link Party and thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete